Sunday, July 10, 2016

STANDOFF


Bernie was chillin' out on the front porch, and I was cutting grass this morning. As I was running out of gas, I rode mower around to where the gas was, and all of a sudden I saw Bernie at Guard Stance in the big part of the yard near the road and he wasn't barking, he was just standing and staring down something. As I moved my eyes toward the direction he was staring, there stood, at an 'I will attack if you come any closer towards me Stance', was an adult black bear about 40-50 feet away from Bernie, staring Bernie down. It was a STANDOFF.

I jumped off the mower yelling at Bernie to come to the house.  Neither one of them moved. I kept telling at Bernie to come to the house and that he was a good boy for guarding the yard. He finally started turning around toward the house. As Bernie headed toward to the house, the black bear turned and ran down the road only to cause cars to honk at him to get out of the road.

Bernie and I came into the house for awhile to make sure the bear was gone. That was way more frightening an encounter than the juvenile black bear last year. This adult bear had to be at least 400-500 #s. It was huge and scared me. Thank goodness we were safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment